testing policy 2019-2020
TEST TAKING PREPARATION AND TIPS
1) REMEMBER, YOUR BRAIN AND BODY NEED SLEEP TO FUNCTION WELL, SO DON'T
STAY UP LATE!
2) DID YOU KNOW THAT YOU THINK BETTER WHEN YOU HAVE A FULL STOMACH? SO
DON'T SKIP BREAKFAST THE MORNING OF THE TEST.
3) DON'T GET WORRIED OR FRUSTRATED.
4) REREAD THE QUESTION TO MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND IT, AND THEN TRY TO
SOLVE IT THE BEST WAY YOU KNOW HOW.
5) THE PROCESS OF ELIMINATION CAN HELP YOU CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER IN A
MULTIPLE-CHOICE QUESTION. START BY CROSSING OFF THE ANSWERS THAT COULDN'T
BE RIGHT. THEN SPEND YOUR TIME FOCUSING ON THE POSSIBLE CORRECT CHOICES
BEFORE SELECTING YOUR ANSWER.
6) CHECK THE CLOCK AND GO BACK TO REVIEW YOUR ANSWERS, MAKING SURE THAT
YOU DIDN'T MAKE ANY CARELESS MISTAKES (SUCH AS PUTTING THE RIGHT ANSWER
IN THE WRONG PLACE OR SKIPPING A QUESTION).
7) SPEND THE LAST REMAINING MINUTES GOING OVER THE HARDEST PROBLEMS
BEFORE YOU TURN IN YOUR TEST.
8) TAKE YOUR TIME!!!!!
OHIO’S STATE TESTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE ARTS, MATHEMATICS AND SCIENCE
State achievement tests tell us how well our students are growing in the knowledge and skills outlined in the state of Ohio Learning Standards. These tests help guide and strengthen future teaching so we can be sure that we are preparing our students for long-term success in school, college, careers and life. Test results also allow citizens to know how their local schools are performing compared to others around the state.
WHICH TESTS WILL BE GIVEN FOR WHAT GRADE LEVEL?
KINDERGARTEN READINESS ASSESSMENT (Kindergarten students) August 20th—Nov 1st, 2018
THIRD GRADE ELA MATH
FOURTH GRADE ELA MATH
FIFTH GRADE ELA MATH SCIENCE
SIXTH GRADE ELA MATH
FALL TEST WINDOW 2018 (3rd grade, Only)
AEE has selected 9 consecutive days, including makeups, within each test window:
- English Language Arts and Reading October 22nd to November 2nd, 2019
SPRING TEST WINDOW 2019 (grades 3-4-5-6)
AEE has selected 15 consecutive days, including makeups, within each test window:
- English Language Arts and Reading March 25 to April 26, 2019
- Mathematics and Science April 1 to May 10th, 2019